Monday, November 17, 2008

Fall Softball...

...is finally over! Who knew it was going to last so long?
Although, I have to say that it was soooo much fun.
We had our Fall Classic tournament this past weekend in the freezing cold and some rain.
Boy, was it exciting.
R played 3 games (1 Friday night and 2 on Saturday) and was done.
A played 5 games (1 Friday night, 2 Saturday and 2 on Sunday) and ended up in 3rd place out of 16 teams. They were so close to that Championship game. The two teams that beat them played in the final game for the title, so that says a bit about A's team.
They both got medals for playing in the tournament. This was so exciting to R. She kept telling B thank you for giving her a medal (he is the head coach for her team). I think her favorite part of the game is shaking hands after the game is over. So much so that Friday night as I went in to check on her and pull her covers up I heard her talking as I left the room (all 3 girls talk in their sleep). I turned around to see what she was doing and she had her arm out and was saying "Good game, good game" in her sleep. It was so cute!
Although Spring season will be here before we know it, the girls do not want to be reminded that it is over for now. They love it that much. I do love that we are not rushing in from school each day to eat a snack, do homework, change clothes and rush out to ball practice. Honestly, I am also running out of quick and easy dinner ideas that we can all agree on. So, we get a week of slowness and then the holiday season will be upon us and we will be running around again.
I love every minute of it, and am trying not to stress over it because I know that all too soon I will be asking where the time went and when did the girls get so big.

No comments: