Saturday, January 10, 2009

Guess M's new trick...

If you said climbing out of her crib, then you are CORRECT!

Yes, when I put her in her crib for nap today she was out within a minute.
She came out with the biggest grin on her face like she was so proud of herself.

We really have been wondering why she hasn't done this yet, since she climbs on everything.
Well, she kept doing it. So much so, that we took the crib down and put up the Big Girl Bed.
She loved it and loved playing on it...that is until I tried to make her lay down to go to bed tonight.
I am sure we are in for a long night...we will see.

She is the same age A and R were when we moved them out of the crib. A had to come out because R was on the way. R came out for the same reason as M. She was climbing out of the bed. However, she started doing it at 17 months and we were not ready to move her.
We really were not ready to move M today, but we were afraid she would hurt herself. She can already crawl under the gate at the top of the stairs to go down and many other things A and R could not do at this age.

Oh well, the sadness is setting in that the crib is no more. I am trying not to think about it too much so that I don't cry. Will post pictures soon of M in her new bed.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I am sure that the crib is not gone FOREVER - right! What's one more Libby :)....sounds like she is going to take the place of a "boy" in your family - just so you wouldn't feel left out not having a boy around...M will take care of that! :)

Can't wait to see the pictures....

Sprinkles' and Popsicle's Mom said...

I remember taking Popsicle's down for when your nephew was coming. I was so, so very sad. I just didn't want her to be old enough for a big girl bed. I understand your sadness :) If you've read my blog - you'll see that our friends are loving four girls - maybe you guys would to? :)