Wednesday, January 21, 2009

NYC Weekend...

was a BLAST!

We had a great time and are very thankful to our husbands for sending us.
I am waiting to get all the pics on a CD so that I can share them with you.
We were greeted Saturday morning at 4:45am with a limo waiting to take all of us to the airport. The trip up was uneventful (my kind of airplane ride) and were welcomed to NYC with 5* weather. It was COLD, but we did not care.

We walked, rode a tour bus throughout the city, shopped, went to the Empire State Building, dinner and to see Chicago Saturday.
Sunday we awoke to SNOW...beautiful snow. It was a bit warmer this day though. We walked some more, shopped a lot (got some great purses), cried a bit at Ground Zero, saw the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Wall Street, the bull from the movie Hitch, Rockafeller Center, Central Park, and much more.
Monday we rode the Subway at an ungodly hour of the morning to try to see Regis and Kelly but they were not taping (despite what the internet and our hotel said), shopped some more, and headed back home. After 6 hours in the airport, 3 delay times and finally a cancellation and flight change we arrived in ATL around 1am.

I promise to post lots of pics as soon as I get them.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Have you recovered yet? I think I have but what a wonderful time we had in NYC! I can't wait for our next trip together :)

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Sounds like you all had so much FUN! NYC is one of our very favorites!!!