Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy 89th Birthday Grandaddy!

Today is my Grandaddy's 89th Birthday!
He is my last living grandparent.
I can hardly imagine what he thinks about life,
and all the changes this world has gone through in his lifetime.
He has lived a full life.
He grew up in the Depression.
Served our county during WWII.
Worked as a Postal Worker until he retired.
He asked my Grandmother to marry him through the mail.
Then held her hand when she went home to Jesus after a long battle with cancer.
He has a wonderful sense of humor.

He tells great stories and loves to visit with our family.
He has a laugh that is contagious.
Here he is with my 3 girls on Halloween.
He had candy ready for all the great-grandkids.
His legacy is great....4 children, 8 grandchildren, and 15 great-grandchildren
with #16 on the way.

Happy Birthday Grandaddy!
I love you more than you will ever know!

No comments: