Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

Christmas Eve we start out with our Candlelight Service.
It is always a beautiful service and I love hearing my aunt sing "O Holy Night".

Here is A in front of the angel/poinsettia tree.

R too (I know, dark shot, but that is what I got).
And M with cousin T.
Some of the 15 Great-Grands before the service.
Notice the girls dresses. My Aunt Marilyn made them for all the girls.
The little girls have them that say BELIEVE all over. The older two are green and gold.
She did a fabulous job and this is something the girls can have for their own daughters.
After church we head to my Granddaddy's house to eat dinner and open presents.
There are 38 of us.
Yes, that is a lot.
Yes, it is loud.
Yes, it can get crazy.
But it is AWESOME.
This is what I have done every Christmas Eve for all of my 34 years.
I love it.
My family is very close.
It takes a lot to get used to (just ask B), but once you do you are hooked.

After we finish at my Granddaddy's house we head to my parents.
Here I am with the girls in front of my mom and dad's tree.
I hardly get in front of the camera, so I had to use this one.
We open gifts with my parents, brother and his family, sister and her family.
The kids are so much fun to watch.
All 6 grandkids ready for bed (oops, I mean presents).
Aren't they so cute?
Then we head home and put out cookies and milk for Santa and reindeer food for his reindeer.
Then it is time for bed so that the man in red can pay us a visit.

No comments: