Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School 2008

Well, the first day is finally here, and we made it through without any tears. (YIPEE for mommy!) R has been waiting a LONG time to be able to go to the BIG school with A. I can hardly believe that we have a 2nd grader and a kindergartner. Wow! Where has the time gone? R was up before the alarm this morning ready to go. She just did not want to wait any longer. She looked so cute too! She decided the other day that she wanted to wear the same dress on the first day of Kindergarten as A did on her first day of K. So, that is what she did. A is wearing an outfit that Grammy picked out for her. A was excited, but a little more hesitant than R was this morning. I thought she was going to cry and make me cry there for a minute.


A and R showing off their new backpacks and lunchboxes.

Loading up in the car to head to the school.


R heading into the school...we had to keep asking her to wait up for the rest of us.

A and R heading into the school.

R walking into her classroom. She took off down the hall and we had to catch up with her so that we could get her picture. She was the first one in the classroom. She was so excited to be there. She didn't even care that we were leaving her. I was glad, because it helped me to keep the tears away.
R with her teachers. She is so excited about Kindergarten.

A getting ready to walk into her classroom. She was excited to see another little girl in her class that also plays softball at the same park. I can only imagine that it will take about a day for them to be good friends.

A sitting at her desk. Notice that it is right by the teacher's desk. Her teacher is going to keep her there as soon as she realizes what a good helper she has at her fingertips.

I can hardly believe that this day has come. Two down, one to go. M and I have already had a busy day. Grocery store, played outside for about an hour, ate lunch, made cupcakes, vacuumed, picked up goldfish off the floor (twice), straightened the playroom, and now she is down for nap. I am now going to eat, fold laundry, finish cupcakes, make the bed, put away dishes, and maybe rest. We will see.

I am so proud of you A and R. I hope your first day of school is awesome. I love you!

1 comment:

The Tennant's said...

Glad to see your first day was successful! All was well here - Emma had an awesome first day too. I think her favorite part was riding the bus! Talk to you soon! Jennifer