Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Family

This is a picture of my dad's side of the family. All 38 of us!
My Granddaddy is 88 years old and the patriarch of this bunch!
He is in the middle of the pic with the red sweater vest on.
We are missing a few special people though....
My sweet Grandmother passed away on New Year's Eve of my Senior year
in high school. Then my Aunt Andrea passed away 7 weeks after my first baby was born.
Then my Uncle John passed away in early January 2008.

My dad is the only son with 3 sisters.
There are 8 grandchildren (now all married),
and 15 Great-Grandchildren.

This was taken at Christmas, and believe me it gets LOUD and CRAZY!
However, I wouldn't trade it for the world.
To say we are close is really an understatement.
We literally grew up together...going to church together every week and then to eat lunch at Grandmother and Granddaddy's afterwards. It takes a lot of getting used to if you are new to the bunch. The tradition still carries on today. My girls love going to Great-Granddaddy's house after church to play with their cousins. I think my Granddaddy likes that his hearing is going at times when the house is so full.

I love my family and am so blessed to know that I have them to call on anytime.

I love you all!

1 comment:

Holly said...

What a BEAUTIFUL picture!!! What was the secret to get everyone to look at the camera at the same time... and look fabulous! That is wonderful that you have such a huge and close knit family, lucky girl!