Sunday, March 07, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday, R!

7...really?
Each year I gasp at how big my girls are getting. I just cannot believe it!
Today is no different. For so long, R seemed so little to me.
I guess because she is always getting compared to A! It just happens.
Part of me likes that because she still seems so little, but in all reality she is growing right before my eyes.
R is long and lean (I really mean skinny, but lean sounds better, right?).
We have a hard time finding clothes to fit her because she needs lots of length and not much to go around. We even have a hard time with adjustable waist stuff. (Oh how I wish that was my problem).
She is one smart cookie too! She is book smart, but she is also "street" smart.
By that I mean, that the girl just gets stuff. She is quick on her feet, likes a good joke and can understand lots. Stuff that is not really teachable.
This became really clear to us this past Fall watching her play softball. For a 6 year old, she was getting things that were well above what she should have. She could watch a batter line up in the batter's box and just by looking at the girls' feet, R would know where she needed to line up to field the ball better. She was good at watching the runner's out of the corner of her eye and seemed to know where they were at all times. This really helped the day she turned
TWO Unassisted TRIPLE plays! Very cool!
She is LOUD! Just her normal tone is loud and she is that way all day long!
She plays hard, loves hard and makes the most of her days!
She makes friends very easily....everywhere we go! I never have to worry about her not finding something to do!
She loves to snuggle!
She loves to be read to!
She loves barbies, stuffed animals, littlest pet shop and riding her scooter.

I love you R! Daddy and I are so proud of you!
We look forward to what this next year has in store for you!

Happy GOLDEN Birthday!
7 on the 7th born at 7:47pm.
(too bad you didn't weigh 7 pounds...9lbs 4oz just doesn't have the same ring to it)

No comments: